After taking my carry-on for a test drive on a couple vacations including both air & road travel I am ready to share the ups & downs to my super cute FUL Luggage.
I did want to share this post in a few posts including, “Why I travel w/ carry-ons”, “Packing for mom & child in one carry-on” & “Why I love FUL luggage” but after sitting on all these for several months I decided to condense it into one & share what I find most useful out of the information.
FUL sent my toddler & I matching carry-ons. (Links to mine in full size here, & Tahlya’s here. – it looks like my color sold out in carry-on size.) We haven’t headed anywhere together yet where Tahlya needs her own bag so lucky for me, I have her carry-on sitting brand new & pretty when I need it!
Why I prefer to travel with carry-ons ~
- It’s cheaper (no baggage fees if your airline allows a free carry-on)
- It’s more convenient
- You don’t have to wait at the baggage claim
- Smaller pieces to hold on to & keep track of
- It forces you to pack minimally (do you really need10 days worth of outfits for a week vacation?)
- On that minimal packing note, this is how I pack in one carry-on for myself & my toddler. Don’t be silly, there are some things you simply cannot nix when traveling with a youngster but they probably don’t need as many toys & outfits as you are trying to stuff into your luggage.
What I love about my FUL Luggage ~
- There is so. much. space.
- The design is super cute & unique.
- It rolls great.
- FUL offers a diverse line to fit all needs
- FUL is incredibly affordable.
Here’s what’s not so nice about it ~
- The zipper is a little whack, I have to be careful with it.
- Because there is so much space and double zippers for expanding I have made my carry-on a bit bigger than the carry-on size limits, luckily they’ve never questioned it.